5 steps to stick to your program and see it through to the end.
22 / 02 / 18
So, you look in the mirror and think “this time I’m going to stick to it” – so you start your program and for the first few weeks, it’s going great. But, a few weeks tick by and slowly, slowly those old habits start sneaking back in. You push on through a few more weeks, not perfectly sticking to the plan before things slowly fall away and you end up with a “fuck it” moment. You know what happened there? You got in your own way. And now, you’re back where you started. Fuck. So how do you actually get OUT of your own way, make things feel easier and stick it out so you can see results? Well, that’s where we’ve got you covered.Check out our 5 steps to get you get out of your own way. So you can stick to the plan and see it through to the end:
- Don’t leave your meals and snacks to the last minute. Keep some snacks in your bag for those hangry “I don’t even care anymore I’m starving” moments. Plus, having your main meals prepped and ready to go will take the hassle out of meal time, and with it, the temptation to deviate from what will get you results.
- Have your gym clothes on the floor, ready for your morning workout. It may seem dumb at the time, but why not make an early start easy for yourself? Do yourself a favour and don’t give yourself any reason to think “meh, I’ll do it later / when I get home” (because we all know that never happens).
- Set alarms. If you normally do workout later in the day and you’re the kind of babe that this works for, set an alarm. Don’t do it when ‘you get around to it’ – do it when you plan. Set an alarm and get the job done – you’ll be less likely to skip it that way.
- And no matter what part of the day you prefer to train, use your smart phone to keep yourself motivated. Set a reminder that has something that will kick you up the ass – you know you best, so put whatever you know will work “2 weeks til my 21st” or whatever.
- Plan your week. Know when you have events coming up, so you can plan when to indulge, plan when you will get your workout done that day. Then based on what you know you have coming up, stick to points 1-4.
So easy, yet so effective, but the best bit? They’re all so doable (so now there’s no excuse). Start adding them to your routine and we promise you, you’ll finish what you’re so intent on starting, babe.
Shop your experience