Chicken Burrito Bowl
15 / 11 / 17
It’s true, life without Mexican food is no life at all… and that still applies when living #theCElife. So, we’ve created the ultimate chicken burrito bowl, so you can enjoy the taste as well as the nutritional benefits:
2 chicken thighs (diced)
1 tomato (diced)
1/4 red onion (diced)
1/4 cup quinoa
Small handful lettuce
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red wine vinegar
Oil/fat to fry
Salt & pepper to taste
- Place quinoa and water in a bowl & place in microwave for 5min.
- Heat fat in fry pan on medium heat, place in chicken, cumin & coriander and stir until brown. Once brown, turn off heat and leave in the pan.
- Stir quinoa & reheat for another 5min.
- To make the salsa, combine tomato & red onion in a small bowl and cover with red wine vinegar.
- Cover quinoa & set aside to cool.
- Place lettuce, salsa, quinoa, avocado, chicken and lime wedge in a bowl.
For more quick, easy and tasty recipes that are designed to burn fat, grab yourself a copy of The Body Guide Nutrition Edition.
Shop your experience